Yeah, and this was not a happy "hi" either. A few days a go my not-so-great ex-boyfriend decided it was a good idea, after about 14 years of no contact, to look me up and call me at work. Ugh. This is the boyfriend I had through junior and senior year of high school. I won't mention his name, but his code name can be.... Sven. *LOL* Anyways, so Sven called me at work, which first of all I thought to be pretty inconsiderate, because even if I wanted to talk to him (which I didn't) how was I supposed to be able to talk at work? Then he kept barraging me with all these questions about how to contact me... apparently when Sven googled me he didn't find much of anything in terms of personal information: no facebook, no myspace, no articles about where I might be living or how to get my phone number. I did this on purpose... given my occupation its usually not a good idea for peopel to be able to find me easily. Anyways so our number, etc is not listed, and I NEVER give out personal info if I can help it. His calling not only interrupted my work day (asshole) but also caught me completely off guard (asshole). I *hate* being caught off-guard. Seriously, I don't even like good surprises that much... and I'm terrible at not snooping for presents. But anyways, I digress yet again. So, the fact that he tracked me down kinda pissed me off since we parted on bad terms, and there were a number of reasons why we've never been in touch since then.
I hope he correctly interpreted the frostiness in my voice, and my refusal to give him my personal email, phone, etc. and will LEAVE ME ALONE. To top it off, I found out through the grape vine that he is a convicted felon and is on probation. WTF????
On the other end of the spectrum, in the mail yesterday I got the Save-the-Date card for Jay's wedding. Wheeeee!! Jay and I have known and been friend with each other since 1992. He's living in NY now, as is his bride-to-be, which means that I have yet to meet her. Can I tell you, I can't WAIT to meet her. Jay's a kick-ass guy, and is really happy with his fiancee, so I'm hoping that she is commeasurably special. Anyways, he's getting married in the fall and I very nearly started buying plane tickets already. :)
What else... oh yeah, EVERY female I know is pregnant. Well, not really, but it kinda seems like it. :) Two women I work with, two of my good friends, and my cousin are all due between May and July. Huh??? Also, one of Mark's friend is due any day now with her first (may have had the baby already, actually) and I feel like I'm surrounded. :) So not only do I get to be surrounded with babies this summer (how fun is that?) but I also get to give away all our out-grown baby stuff like clothes, toys, bouncy-seats, etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment