Sunday, January 18, 2009

Arggg

I'll be talking about football again tonight. I'm sitting on the couch watching the Philly/Arizona game (and glad that Philly is getting their ass kicked) and thinking, in a near panic, that football season is almost over. That means I will no longer have game after game to watch during the week. No more after-dinner entertainment that doesn't suck. No more reason to laugh and yell at the tv. Dammit! And it happens just at the coldest ass-crack of winter. So for the next six months I have no football and for the next two months I have to suffer sub-Artic temperatures. What the hell. 
So now I stand to finally cross off an item on my bucket list: season tickets! I don't have them yet, but my Christmas present was to get on the waiting list (you have to put down a deposit to get on). So maybe in like 7-10 years I can cross something off! Yahoo!
I was trying to decide why its been so long since my last post (about a month) and I think its because I've either a) been too busy, or b) haven't had anything particularly interesting or funny to say. Maybe I should start writing down my funnier moments so I can type them in later. :)  
Mark and I got this catalogue in the mail a few weeks ago from the company that we booked our Vermont horseback riding trip from. It lists about 60 or so other trips that it offers (its more like a mini-book) and includes trips in US/Canada, South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia. Verrrrrry tempting. The one we are looking at, and that Mark is currently trying to bait me with, is a 7 night, 8 day horseback riding trip to Iceland. Now, you make think I'm kinda nuts since the mental image that most people have for Iceland is, well, icy. Not true! I was actually there senior year in college during spring break for a few days, and it was beautiful, fun, not cold and totally interesting. Seriously, I left Iceland after two days telling myself, and anyone who would listen, that I would return someday. Riding would actually be a great way to see the countryside because it is so unusual and striking. Sigh... funny thing is that while I don't like spending money for "optional" things, what's really keeping me from agreeing to book the trip is that I'd be away from the kiddies for a week. We went away for a week when it was Loula alone, but it was to go to Leyre and Mike's wedding in Spain. I kinda considered that a mandatory trip given the circumstances and people involved. Not this one though... this is purely for pleasure only. Obviously I'm not against that, but I also get TONS of pleasure and enjoyment from my kids, and I'd miss them like crazy. If only there was a 3-4 day trip! I may have to go through the book again and see if I can find something comparable. Maybe a Canada or out West trip? Anyone have any suggestions???

No comments: