
I got a fun (and overdue) opportunity to have a morning alone with Loula yesterday. As part of this morning we went to the Sharon Public Library with her friend and her mom, and I saw this great sign on one of the half-stacks. THIS IS BRILLIANT. It's in the children's section, and the section of the children's section where the toddler/preschool books are... so... where kids can't read anyways, just the parents. I had to take a pic with my cell phone.
I am a football junkie. I have made it past the first step of any addiction: acknowledgement of a problem. Am I going to do anything about this? Hell no. This all started in September when Mark got me DVR for my birthday (at my request). Lucky for me it coincided with the start of the season, so I have been DVR'ing (don't you love the new verb here) ever game that we get on TV. So, 3 or 4 on Sunday and one on Monday. This week is a beautiful week: we have 4 games from Sunday, we watched the MNF game, and because of Thanksgiving there are two more games tomorrow. You know what this means? More football games recorded this week than there are nights to watch them. YES. I'm watching the Cardinals/Giants game now, and still have the Indy/Chargers game in the queue. Two games tomorrow... which means that we'll watch one tomorrow night, the second on Friday, and Saturday we'll get indy/chargers. life as a football fan is wonderful. Although I'm getting spoiled too with being able to fast forward through...
Mark has asked me to write in my blog about how he is so sexy. It's all true. He's laughing now because he thinks I'm writing something horrible to make fun of him because I started typing again. Then he tried to pacify me by telling me that my blog is great and he thinks my writing is really funny. I am amused because he is so self-absorbed that he assumes that EVERYTHING I have been writing this whole time is about him. In fact, I bet that as soon as I post this and put the laptop down, he's going to read this. What he doesn't know is that his Christmas present is going to totally feed into his "me-me-me" tunnel vision and he is going to be a mushy pile of goo that will be my slave for weeks. mwa-hahahahahaha.
Ok, before I was so rudely interrupted I was talking about being able to fast forward through the commercials in football games. This is one of the best features ever. Seriously, why dind't someone think about this sooner?
Mark just said to the cat: "Maybe starvation will improve your intelligence". He better not accuse me again of being mean to that fucking feline after this.
Last thought of the night. Thank GOD no one can see me when I dance with/for my kids. I was doing a crazy imitation of the opening credits Austin Powers dance (you know, when they are all dancing in the street with Austin, and this British cop come around and they all get down) and it was even more ridiculous than the dance in the movie. Loula thought it was great, but I'm pretty sure I looked like a total fucking idiot. Good thing the shades in my living room were down.
No comments:
Post a Comment