My job sucks sometimes. Today would have been one of those times. Because of some stupid rain, my train was an hour late getting into South Station (also had no light or heat). As i was walking from South Station to my office I stepped in a puddle, and discovered that there was a hole in my boot that got my foot wet. Before I left my office to go to court I had to make the executive decision to leave the umbrella and take breakfast instead because I didn't have enough hands. So as I was shoving a muffin in my face walking across the street in my heels I was also getting wet. And I was half an hour late to court. Then my day really started on a downturn. Now, I spent all day at the grand jury working with ummm.... I can't tell you. Grand jury proceedings are by law, secret. So I can't tell, especially in a public fashion like this, what was going on. But suffice it to say that it made the beginning of my day look alright. But the people I work with rock. They post signs like the above... which says "to put a case in Grand Jury you must be this tall". (I think) I know which police sergeant put this up, and funny enough I think it was to bust another short female ADA (as an aside, I'm shorter than her). But he wrote this sign, and then put it on the door. I stood next to it, and made the cut. Then one of my co-workers pointed out that I was wearing three inch heels. So I took off my shoe and tried again, and I made it... barely. Seriously, another inch or so and I would have been below the line. Whole thing was pretty funny. I almost wish that I was below the line, because then I would have had an excuse to pack up and go home. :)
Friday, December 12, 2008
Signage is fun!
My job sucks sometimes. Today would have been one of those times. Because of some stupid rain, my train was an hour late getting into South Station (also had no light or heat). As i was walking from South Station to my office I stepped in a puddle, and discovered that there was a hole in my boot that got my foot wet. Before I left my office to go to court I had to make the executive decision to leave the umbrella and take breakfast instead because I didn't have enough hands. So as I was shoving a muffin in my face walking across the street in my heels I was also getting wet. And I was half an hour late to court. Then my day really started on a downturn. Now, I spent all day at the grand jury working with ummm.... I can't tell you. Grand jury proceedings are by law, secret. So I can't tell, especially in a public fashion like this, what was going on. But suffice it to say that it made the beginning of my day look alright. But the people I work with rock. They post signs like the above... which says "to put a case in Grand Jury you must be this tall". (I think) I know which police sergeant put this up, and funny enough I think it was to bust another short female ADA (as an aside, I'm shorter than her). But he wrote this sign, and then put it on the door. I stood next to it, and made the cut. Then one of my co-workers pointed out that I was wearing three inch heels. So I took off my shoe and tried again, and I made it... barely. Seriously, another inch or so and I would have been below the line. Whole thing was pretty funny. I almost wish that I was below the line, because then I would have had an excuse to pack up and go home. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment