Sunday, August 31, 2008
New Mexico
So this is what I intended on writing about yesterday (yesterday?) when I originally started this blog... our trip to Santa Fe to visit my uncle Billy Georgenes. He moved out here with his wife (wife?) Helen about twenty years ago on the advice of his doctor to get away from Boston's cold, wet weather. Anyways, this was the first time I had visited him out there, and it was as cool, if not cooler than I thought it would be. My uncle is 79 years old, but you would never know it to talk to him. I mean, personality-wise. Lots of fun, pretty current, knows GREAT places to eat and visit and walk around... after all, he is an artist in an artist community. Also, his house is really fun. He has a huge studio, which you would expect, with tons of supplies, a radio/stereo, and alot of his artwork. But his whole house is like a gallery. His paintings and sculptures are *everywhere* on the walls and every surface. His main medium is wall-hung sculptures made of old toys and pieces of toys glued to a flat surface and painted over. So not only is it very cool, but everytime you walk by one you can see something different. And then you see like thirty in a room and it's like you're seeing the room for the first time again. So as soon as I can from this laptop to our computer (hint, hint Mark) then I can upload some of the many photographs that I took in his place. hey, Mark just got off of the computer! Wow... I must have some special psychic power. :) Back soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment