Wow, that was amazing. In my mind I imagined Mark getting off of the computer so I could upload the NM photos and voila! it happened. So they are uploading now while I'm typing this. I realized as well that it will take a holy shitload of time because I took about 150 pictures while I was there. Wonderful thing about digital cameras... no worries about running out of film. :) Anyways, as for what we did, on the first night we basically hung out in their solarium/studio and talked as it was late and the kiddies had already gone to bed. Over the next few days we hung out and ate in Santa Fe, got to see the area and ate at this place called Counterculture (one of my uncle's favorite), checked out some galleries (even breastfed in front of one... hah... modern art for you), and spent some time helping out my uncle by clearing out his backyard. We went on a *very* unsuccessful visit to Taos where there is a Native American reservation. I say "unsuccessful" because it took us three hours to get there when it usually only takes a bit more than one. My uncle wanted to take the scenic route, which was beautiful, but I thought I was going to go CRAZY. Plus, Loula and Will were less than thrilled about spending that long in a car. Anyways, we finally got there, had some crazy good Mexican food, and drove up to the reservation and it was CLOSED. Doah. We did hangout a bit in the town, which has some good ambiance, and Loula got a chance to make a friend with a little girl there. Oh, total tangent... during the three hour trip Loula predictably had to go to the bathroom (who wouldn't) and we had to stop along a dirt road in front of this random house. So I'm holding her under her armpits as her little bum is dangling above the grass, and when she's done I realize that there is a little Loula poop in this person's front yard, and all I have is a single Kleenex. Ugh. So I do my best for clean-up, and then Loula says "mommy, don't we have to cover it up?" Hmmm. I decide she's right, and then grab a few leaves fromthe nearest scrub brush and cover up the poop. Total parent moment.
Anyways, also got my brother playing around with my uncle's motorized wheelchair when my uncle was driving my mom to the post office... I'll be posting those soon. Also, Helen pulled out some absinthe one night and we (me excluded) partook of this strange green stuff. I actually tried some once in college and it totally fucked me up. Anyways, everyone else tried some, and while Bill was preparing it by setting the sugar on fire, I tried to make the best of a sober moment (for me, still nursing you know) and toasted a marshmellow in the sugar cube fire. :) We spent the rest of the night watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail- hilarious.
The last night we were there, me, Mark, Laura and Bill went to this place called Cowgirl which was a bar that had some live music. I had some GREAT smoked chili, although the waiter totally sucked. Very surly attitude. Had some great conversation though and overall it was a fun night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment