Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Guess what I'm doing...

I'm about to go to sleep. LIAR! I'm doing what every other blogging American is doing right now... watching the election returns and typing in order to fill time until the next state has a projected winner. Right now, I'm actually amused... two reasons: 1. My husband, wonderful man that he is, is totally losing his shit watching TV. Every time he sees red on any map, he launches immediately into a monologue (with me smirking in the background) and making huge conclusory jumps about states and how they will vote. 2. My gut desire to start a list, right now, of the states that vote republican and the reasons why I don't like them. And yes, I will absolutely be as obnoxious as possible. Sound like fun? Here we go...

- Oklahoma: I've been there once for less than a day. Bunch of cow statues and so-so BBQ. Totally boring.
- Alabama:  This place is so void of anything for me to insult, it makes it pathetic. No major city, no cultural center, no decent universities. Nothing.
- Tennessee: Birthplace of country music. Enough said. No wait, also the only place I can think of that makes money off of a 30-years-dead singer that a big group of retards actually think is still alive. Huh?
- Kentucky: Horses, lots of horses. I like horses. Unfortunately, horses don't vote.
- Georgia: Once barred a brilliant musician from stepping into its borders because he suggested that we should all be treated equally. Took a vote of the state legislature and over a decade to rectify the mistake.
- South Carolina: The little runty sibling of North Carolina.
- North Dakota: Almost Canada anyways. They could secede and no one would notice.
- Wymoning: Doesn't even have a goddamn football team. Worthless.
- Kansas: Those Kansas City Chief assholes are the reason why Tom Brady is out this season. Again, they are trying to sabotage genius and brilliance.
- Arkansas: Disloyal motherfuckers. They dropped the Clintons like a used Kleenex.

Okay, it is now 9:17 p.m. and there aren't any other states projected at this point. I'll chat for something else for awhile and see if anything else comes in.
    So, I've been in a funk for the past few weeks, just today  have pulled myself out. Nothing serious, I wouldn't even classify it as a depression or anything. More just that I've been more cynical than usual, and haven't really enjoyed very much of anything other than my two kids. What didn't help is that I had this huge trial, put tons of time, effort, etc. into it, and lost. Bummer. Now, this happens frequently, because cases that go to trial tend to be the ones that are jump-balls or worse. The good ones almost always plea. But anyways, the whole thing was that outside circumstances made it harder, and worse than it already was. I wish I could go into more detail, but given that this is, well, public... and a lot of those details are not meant for public record, the most I can say is that it stunk. Yeah, sorry, my description is not that exciting. So anyways, I was on the train this morning riding in and per usual was listening to my iPod. I was actually listening to the lyrics, and I had an "old-Amy" electric charge. Basically I decided that I had to smack my own ass and decide that the fight was just as important as whether I won. And I was reminded of a great quote (that I actually found in a Boston Police Dept. lieutenant's office): "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender". Great quote. So I started feeling better. Much better. And despite being sick and losing my voice (I haven't spoken normally in three days), I am much perkier and lighter, and ready to fight again. CHARGE!!!!!!

No comments: