Blogs are cool. This is so much better than a diary. I'm always liked the idea of a diary or journal, but I had a BIG problem... writing is very tedious. I could never write as fast as my brain was going, and I would get so sick of giving myself muscle spasms from trying to write so fast. The other thing is that I never was as much into recording *everything* that happened to me. That's why you have friends... you rehash your day or week. But this is good for just general thoughts about stuff. Like work, for instance. Now, I got a promotion. Promotions are cool. But the promotion has meant that every single case that I have is
very serious, and
very involved, and need my attention
right now. Oy. Now make that about a new case a week and that means trouble. Not to mention that I still have most of my old cases, which are now coming up for trial. All at once. Arg. So yeah, I guess this blog is mostly about bitching about my job. The only bad part of this blog for me is that I can't really bitch too much because I can't exactly publish details about my cases, can I? There may be prospective jurors out there who may perchance read this and be prejudiced towards the prosecution, and obviously there are privacy/ethical problems with me spouting off about one of these things. Example: the biggest case I have at the moment happens to be the first homicide case that has been assigned to me. This is a big deal for me, professionally. It's also a big deal because it has caused me a serious amount of angst over the past week. But can I talk about it? At all? NOPE. Not that I want to open up my file (and my mouth) to every little detail, but this case has some serious factual and legal issues that I'd love to bounce off of people, whether lawyers or no. Can't. RRRrrrrrrrr. Which brings me to another part of my job: lack of appreciation. My job, in a nutshell, is to protect the community and punish/contain criminals. Well, you think every once in a while I'd get a 'thank you' from someone for this public service I render. Just the opposite. Usually people, ignore me, swear at me, lie to me, and complain about how they don't be involved, etc. And then I get paid shit. Seriously, there are admin assts that get paid more than I do. Now, I am certain that admins are deserving of their salary. They also put up with a lot of crap, and deserve to be properly compensated. But I also have a law degree, significant experience, and do one of the more difficult jobs in the legal field, and my salary is embarrassing. I'm not going to put it on here, but if you are curious, go to the Boston Herald's
website, and check out the link described as "Your tax dollars at work". You'll have an opportunity to look up the salary of any state worker, so plug in "Suffolk county DA's". It's ridiculous. Anyways, I had a rare day today where two witnesses actually
thanked me before they left. I was honestly very thankful to them for being appreciative. It is unusual that anyone thanks me, much less two in one day. Not that I'm looking for someone to bend over and kiss my feet or anything, but JESUS it would be nice for just that small amount of appreciation to happen more often.
TOTALLY NEW SUBJECT: The Patriots are breaking my football heart. I've been saying (doomsaying?) for weeks now that the Patriots are in trouble without Brady, and that Matt Cassel is no good. People have been pooh-pooh'ing me, saying that I am exaggerating. Now, I would prefer to be wrong on this one, but this past Sunday was beyond imagining. Not only did we lose spectacularly, but it was to frigging MIAMI. The Dolphins haven't won a game in like a year and a half, and they slaughtered us. Shameful. It was enough to make me want to scream. The only thing that made me feet better, football wise, was that Indy also lost, which means that they are 1-2, and have a losing record.
Okay, that is enough rambling for now I think. It may be awhile before I post again since I'll be on trial for like the next four weeks or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment