Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cadbury eggs, garlic, and why the name of a food item is so important

  yeah, I have been tremendously slacker-like when it comes to posting on my "adult" blog (no you sick puppies, not that kind of "adult" description) over the past month or so. However, I have a good reason... in exactly 12 days I will be starting my first ever first-degree murder trial. Let it be known (as obvious as this next statement is) that this is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY STRESSFUL. It of course doesn't help that I am totally ahrd on myself and am winding myself up. I really wish that I could type out all my work issues and concerns, but since most of that it confidential I can't unless I want to get my sorry ass fired. So instead, I will bitch about food.
  Yup, food. So what has food done to deserve a bitch rant? Nothing really, it's just a vulnerable scapegoat and won't fight back. So cadbury eggs. I totally am not into cadbury creme eggs. But my good friend Leyre is, and she's pregnant, and so this translated into a really good reason to go on an egg hunt (ha ha). So another good friend, Sarah, suggested that we wait until after what we Greeks call American Easter to go on the search for CCEs so they would be on sale. Well, this was a good idea, only that most places are fucking cleaned out of CCE's and I go to literally like EIGHT PLACES and they are all out. grrrrr...
  Number two: garlic. Now, I luuuuuuv garlic. However, tonight I am imposing my garlic issues on my poor unsuspecting husband because I had five cloves of yummy, mushy roasted garlic with dinner earlier tonight. Now, peeps, I have a pretty high garlic tolerance. But when we got home from dinner tonight my tongue was tingling it was so garlicky. I'm sure I'll have it coming out of my pores by tomorrow.
  last and not least... "why the name of a food item is important". For lunch today I went to Cosi and got a grilled chicken tomato, basil and mozzarella pocket. Delicious. BUT, up on the menu board is a different descirption "Grilled Chicken TBM".  yeah, I know this is juvenile, but doens't anyone in their marketing/promotional  office think this through? Seriously? So I'm in Cosi, and I'm trying to not associate my soon-to-be yummy lunch with, um, toilet humor, but I can't help it. TBM? As in Terrible Bowel Movement? Tremendous Bowel Movement? Total Bowel Movement? Troublesome Bowel Movement? Thankfully it didn't really interfere with the enjoyment of my lunch, but I think someone needs to write Cosi and let them know that this may be a problem for their sales...

No comments: