Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Magnet for Morons

I like having a blog because I can complain about stuff that pisses me off and at least the world wide web has to pay me some attention. For instance, my husband right now looking over my shoulder and spell-checking my entry for me before I even read it over. Also, I took a walk to shaw's supermarket with Will today to pick up a couple of things and was in the express lane waiting. Two people in front of me was this woman who was insisting that the PACK OF GUM she wanted to by was on sale, then the computerized register said no. So she keeps saying that it was blank amount of money, and then the clerk points out the display (which is next to the register) which says something else. Then they argue about the frigging flavor of said chewing gum and that one is on sale and the other isn't. Jesus christ it is gum people!!! This goes on for a minute or two and then the next woman in line is going through her stuff, and is now complaining about her 68 cent sesame roll and the tax she is supposed to be paying. So she keeps complaining, and then calls a superior clerk person over, then complains some more. Then she's looking back at the other people in line with this expression as if to say "feel bad for me, these people are cheating me" and my face must have shown my total annoyance and exasperation, because she looked down, paid for her stuff and left. So now there is someone ahead of me, and half-seriously I said to the clerk "how did I get in the line with all of the argumentative people?" and thankfully the woman in front of me kept her mouth shut, paid for her crap, and left. The only person who was quiet and content through this idiocy was my four month old, who was happily trying to pull his socks off of his feet.
    On a totally unrelated point, today my pal Alannah sent me an email card from this website called "Jigjag" which was the damn funniest card i've ever gotten, email or otherwise. Anyone reading this should google them and check out the site.
    Last thought for the night: why doesn't every woman breastfeed their child??? I don't understand this. My son is born about 4.5 months ago, and I am already comfortably back in my old clothes, and at the same weight I was at before I got pregnant. The reason? 80% was nursing. Now, I can't diet (because I am nursing) and I don't belong to a gym. The most that I do is what I eat (quality, the quantity has to stay up) and take walks and play DDR. Not to mention that it is actually the healthiest thing for your baby. DUDE. Am I the only smart person? I can't tell you how many women I see who just can't be bothered with nursing, and then end up carrying on with the extra 10, 20 or more poundage. 

No comments: