Thursday, September 4, 2008

I Love Football

yeah, I have a problem. I love football. After February I wait and whine and sweat it out until August comes along, and I can get my fix again. And the Patriots? LOVE THEM MORE. I will rearrange my social calendar to make sure that I can watch the games. So my birthday present is especially wonderful this year... DVR. So now not only will I record and watch all the Patriots games, but I can record watch every football game even if it on the same time as the Pats. Hallelujah! In a desert of shitty TV I have found my oasis. At this very moment we are recording the season opener (although not the Pats) to watch sans commercials.

Okay, know what is annoying? losing my voice. I'm been sick for the past couple of days, but its only been yesterday and today that I've noticed that my voice is affected. Rrrrr. Does anyone have any idea how hard it is to be a trial attorney, much less an ADA, when your voice is failing??? Oy.

I'm gonna continue (and hopefully finish) Will's birth story tonight...

I have to admit that I held back, or at least wasn't pushing my very hardest b/c I was worried about busting my old incision. When I admitted this at some point, Peggy and Lara told me I was fine. So I tried harder, and after about 45 minutes or so the baby's head got through my bones. It wasn't till this happened that I was sure, in my own mind, that a VBAC would work. After this happened, he came out soon afterwards. I had a couple of good pushes during cxns, and the Lara took my hand and guided me to touch his head. Amazing. He wasn't crowning yet, but he definitely wasn't sneaking back in! At (I think) the next push, his head began to really come through, and once his head came out, Peggy and Lara told me to keep on pushing (after I'm sure the cxn had ended) and I could feel the head out, then Peggy working on him to get first one shoulder, then the other out. At some point around here, a whole bunch of amniotic fluid gushed out all over me. Then I kept pushing, and Peggy pulled Will out. They told me to take him ("grab your baby!") and I grabbed him and put him on my belly. When I looked at him, he was wide awake and alert, just like Loula was. I also noticed that he had pudgy little arms and _loads_ of hair. Dark brown, like Loula's, but more than her. He had gray/blue eyes like most newborns, and when they put a blanket over him and started rubbing him he started to cry a little bit. I didn't need an episiotomy, but I did tear a bit and needed a few stitches. No big deal though. I was elated that he was finally out, was okay, and that we had made it through a successful VBAC alright. After a minute or so on my belly I noticed that he was a little furnace. Very warm. Also about five minutes after he was born (while still on my belly) he somehow found his thumb and was sucking on it. Too cute! He also pooped all over me and the nurse. We had my iPod going the whole time, and Bill noted that Will came out while "Tuesday's Gone" was playing. Karmic fate that he was also born on a Tuesday (by 26 minutes), not to mention Earth Day, and Auntie Lana's birthday! About an hour later he was born, I was dying for a sandwich and fries. I never had dinner, and they didn't allow me to have solid food after the epidural, and I was _starving_. Mark and I ended up having sandwiches from Au Bon Pain at around 2a.m. with some of my "labor snacks". That was a huge difference from having a c=section... not to mention being able to shower and get out of bed the next morning!

No comments: